Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ramen X: Authentic Japanese Ramen

I don't exactly know when and how it started, that my family and I are trying and exploring new restaurants and foods. But I enjoy it very much because I love food, I love going out with my family and I love exploring and discovering new things.

There are actually a lot of new restaurants nowadays. Most of the malls around our area are being or has already been renovated and have more restaurants to offer.

On a very fine Sunday. We decided to go to Alabang Town Center. Our original plan was to attend the 11AM mass then go to The Spa. We arrived at around 11:30-ish, so we are CLEARLY LATE for the 11AM MASS. So we just decided to attend mass later in the afternoon or the last mass at 7PM. So we headed to The Spa, unfortunately they were still closed because they open at around 1:00PM. So we just decided to eat lunch at the foodcourt (nothing special about the food so I did not bother to blog about it nor take a picture of the food). My mom and I got our massage not from The Spa, because there were no slot available, but from Lycka... something (haha). I forgot the name! Hahaha! But anyway, I will definitely blog about that next time because we liked the massage and we are definitely going back there.

To cut the story short, the main purpose of this blog is about OUR NEW DISCOVERY - Ramen X. This is a new restaurant in Alabang Town Center, in their new wing. We stumbled upon this because we were waiting in line for J.Co donuts but need to go back there after an hour or so because they ran out of donuts. So my mom and I strolled and we did not expect to see a restaurant along the clothes area/ section in that wing. Since my mom and I are craving for a GOOD ramen, Ramen X got our attention. It says that they have authentic Japanese Ramen. With that, we thought that this would just be another OVERPRICED ramen. The restaurant does not have a menu displayed outside so thanks to my ever trusted vision, I managed to peek and see the menu way back in their counter. I was surprised that their ramen were ALL BELOW 200php! So we decided to have our early dinner here.


I was not able to take a picture of the restaurant's exterior so I just took a picture of the number thing that they give you upon ordering (hehe).


This is their counter where you order and pay for your food. The screen at the back is their menu.

Here's a picture of the restaurant's interior. Nothing really fancy. It's simple and neat. Quite typical of the Japanese's minimalist... uh... something... design. :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that upon entering the restaurant. All the staff (well, the cashier and the waiter/s) will greet you in Japanese. I forgot the exact greeting, anyway I would just spell it incorrectly! Haha. My mom told me that it's somewhat the same to the greeting when you enter Yakimix, but I am still not able to afford and eat there, so... whatever! Hahaha! So we went ahead and ordered at the counter.

Here are what we ordered:
Gyoza. I think this was 59php
There was nothing very special about the gyoza. But I noticed that it tasted somehow different from all the other gyozas that I ahve eaten. This tastes herb-ish (if you know what I mean). I think this is because it has more herbs or leaves that the other gyozas that were stuffed with mostly meat. But I kinda like it this way. Hehe.

One tip when eating their gyoza. Do not dip or cover your gyoza too much with the sauce because it will taste soooo salty. Just dip it a little and it will be perfect - YUMMY! :)


Here's my order. the Oishi Ramen. 149php as I remember.

This is YUMMY for me. It has roasted pork slices. According to the menu, it is soy and miso based something. I cant't exactly remember but soy and miso was definitely in the description. haha.

Tip when eating this Oishi Ramen: You see that reddish black thing at the middle? That thing that looks like bagoong? If you do not want a spicy ramen, go ahead and take that out. But if you like your ramen spicy, well go ahead and mix that with the soup.

I do not want very spicy dishes. But I accidentally mixed that with my ramen. I only realized that it was something to make it spicy when I have already mixed it with the soup. Because I noticed that the soup turned somewhat orange-y in color. But it was okay. It was not that spicy - not Korean spicy (because in my opinion they have very spicy foods - well some). The spicy-ness of it was tolerable that I was still able to enjoy it.


This is their Beef Ramen (Gyu-something.. hehe) 189php

This beef ramen was delicious! The soup was delicious! This is included in ther non-spicy menus. The beef was tender. PERFECT! YUMMY! Oh, this is what my mom and brother ordered.

Fried Rice. 59php
I tell you, this fried rice IS THE BOMB! It is SOOOO DELICIOUS that we had to order another bowl of it! So affordable. Soooo YUMMY! My mom, my brother and I loved this. You can literally eat this by itself! I will definitely order this again! :)

All of their ramen are good for 1-2 persons (depending on your appetite). Reasonably priced at 149 and 189 each. Ramen X also has rice bowls or rice topings such as katsudon, etc. which are all priced at 99php. I will definitely go back and try their other dishes and beverages!

No comments:

Post a Comment